ucplus Mobile client is an application for Android mobile phones and tablets that connects to a ucplus Server enabling dialling and collaboration features between mobile and office users of ucplus.
- Outbound from the mobile phone
- Inbound to your mobile phone
- Calling from shared corporate address book
- Deskphone mode
- Softphone mode
(requires third-party softphone client to be installed on Android device)
- Call colleagues directly in the office even if they do not have a DDI (Direct Dial Inward) number
- Many mobile phone call plans allow for one or more pre-nominated landline numbers to be included in the mobile bundle, effectively making them free of charge.
- If the DDI number associated with the Dial Through (or Auto-Attendant) feature of the office telephone system is nominated as such, then all users of ucplus can call office extensions free of charge.
- Reduce mobile phone charges by using the convenience of dialling from a mobile device but forcing the call through the telephone system.
If the mobile phone dials external numbers via the office telephone system then calls can be made at the rates associated with the telephone system not the mobile handset.
These rates can be significantly cheaper than the cost of a direct mobile call, especially for international calls.
- The call is also subject to the rules of the phone system such as call barring or recording and reporting.
- Accessing the ucplus shared address book allows the mobile user to quickly access and call important external contacts without needing to store each number in the mobile phone contacts list.
- Check status of colleagues before calling them
- Send them a chat message if they are unavailable
- Office based colleagues can check if you are engaged on your mobile phone
- Update colleagues of your availability from your mobile device
- Remotely set destination of incoming office calls (for example to a home phone).
This could be useful if your mobile device is low on power or you want to reduce the cost of the redirected call.
- ucplus Mobile can be configured by the user of the device to report a text description of their geographical location back to the ucplus Server.
- The location of the mobile device is made visible to the user's colleagues via the location field in the Presence screen of the PC ucplus client.
(note: only the PC client supports this feature)
Provisioning and Security Features
ucplus Mobile user configurations can be pre-configured on the server so that the end user need only enter the IP address of the ucplus Server after installing the app on the phone.
- The server will recognise the user’s mobile and automatically provision user parameters
(note: manual set up is also available).
When ucplus Mobile client makes a connection to a ucplus Server it is authenticated by user name and password.
Once the connection is established, SSL can be used to encrypt the transfer of data between the client and server.
The use of Dial Thru (DISA) is controlled by the configuration of the Panasonic telephone system.
Please refer to your system maintainer for further details.
Where can I download the latest versions of ucplus Mobile?
ucplus app is available on the Play Store.
(Licence required for use)
Alternatively, scan the QR code below with your phone to visit the correct download page.
- ucplus Mobile requires ucplus Server version 2.4 or later.
- Additional ucplus licensing may be required.
Please consult with your reseller.
- The following features require a Wi-Fi/3G (or better) data connection between the mobile phone and the ucplus server:
- Extension presence
- Chat messaging
- Search of shared address book
- Call History
- Fast dial